ABC is a national non-profit construction trade association that fosters the principles of freedom of choice through the merit construction philosophy. Merit contractors and ABC are dedicated to providing high-quality, low cost, safe, on-time construction. ABC Western Michigan is one of 70 chapters in the nation, with a territory that currently supports 420 members throughout west Michigan and the UP. Our members have joined ABC for a variety of reasons. Some join to take advantage of our extensive craft and supervisory training programs. Others find value in our advocacy of member issues at the local, state and national levels. Some members join because they want access to our numerous discount programs, and others join because they want to form relationships with others through our networking events. Whatever your needs, we can help. There are numerous benefits that come with an ABC membership and we look forward to connecting with you to explore how we can help your company.
- We educate our members through extensive craft training opportunities.
- We offer certification in Construction Core, Carpentry 1 & 2, Mechanical 1 & 2, Concrete 1 & 2, Ironwork, Plumbing, Sprinkler Fitting, Masonry
- Superintendent/Field Leadership Training
- Safety Training
- We connect our members through various networking events.
- Connect with contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers & various associate members to grow your business.
- We host the following:
- Golf Outing (Egypt Valley & Crystal Mountain)
- Clay Shoot (All proceeds go to charity via the Clays-For-Kids Foundation)
- Leadership Development Series (3 part series)- Every Fall
- Membership Meetings- Monthly Basis, Pertinent to Industry
- Employment Law Meetings
- STEP Awards (Safety, Training, Evaluation Process)
- Excellence in Construction Awards (Annually)
- We engage our members in offering participation in various committees and peer groups:
- Membership, Governmental, EIC, Safety, Leadership, Marketing, HR & Electrical Contractor Council.
- We advocate for our members at the Local, State & National level.
- Prevailing Wage Repeal
- Right to Work
- Project Labor Agreements (PLA)
- ABC Action App
- We support our members through various affinity programs.
- Wireless Phone Plans through Verizon- Up to 22%
- Fed Ex Discounts- Up to 29%
- Enterprise Fleet Discounts
- Vehicle Discounts through GM, Chrysler and Ford.
- Self-Insured Workers' Compensation Fund
- Other Insurance
- Health Care
- Pollution Liability